Digital Assets (Mobile App, Website, SMS, Merchant Portal & App, social media, SMS, Emails) and Citizen Engagement Operations Team (Managing Content, Merchant Ecosystem, Analytics, Helpdesk & Registration) make up the DigiThane solution. It is a unified citizen-municipality interaction/transaction layer that is used to make decisions based on citizens’ static and dynamic data.
Digi Thane: Citizen Engagement Platform for Thane Municipal Corporation.
- DigiThane Impact and Outcome:
- Registration: More than 280k registered users have been brought on to the digital platform
- Massive reach out to citizens: More than 6 crore one-way interactions has been established with the citizens of Thane in real-time basis.
- Two Way Communication: 8 Cr two-way interactions / responses have been received from more than 200 surveys that had been conducted.
- Facilitating Faceless Governance: 25000+ citizens interacting with municipality everyday
- Govt / Non Govt awareness program: Various initiatives encouraging citizen participation like voting during general elections were utilized by nearly 15 lakh Thanekars to find their polling
- Merchants: 780+ Existing Merchant Partners and 1100+ real-time benefits 1.5 Local Thane Merchant Digitized & 2.5 exclusive in-store offers added on the digital platform every day.
- Lower cost of living for Thane citizens: Merchants provided discounts and offers in the range of 10% to 40%. DigiThane users availed these discounts, thus reducing the cost of living for the
- Emergency SOS: Response rate for Blood Donation has a turnaround time of less than 45 mins. More than 8 lives have been saved through emergency SOS of
- Better utilization of online utility services: Property Tax Payment of 20+ Crore in FY2019-20 by 20000+ people, INR 17.5 Crore payment done in FY2020-21 by approx. 15000 people (in past 90 days in this financial year
- Citizen from every stage of life cycle and income group – from children to senior citizen benefited from various events and campaigns
Following Services / Features are provided:
- Digital Information & Services (G2C): Integrated Municipal Utility Services and Location or Preferences based City Updates on a single platform
- Digitized Merchants (B2C): Local retailers and informal sectors are closer to digital consumers through e-commerce transaction platform
- Interactions with Citizens (Participatory Governance): Awareness programs/surveys/poll for knowing citizen’s needs and fulfilling them effectively
- Digital Connect between Citizens (C2C): Discussion forums /Blogs /Posting /Commenting /Helping each other /City’s social media platform The Analytics of Data above allows Municipality to decide based on need of Citizens. E.g. Surveys on Parking requirements, Bus Routes, Free Workshops for Brain Stroke, etc. City Development Plan Authorities uses this data to plan efficiently thereby delivering what Citizens
Best Digital Initiative of the Year Awarded By ET (Economic Times) Government Global Smart Cities Forum 2020
Best Digital Smart City Awarded By Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs 2019
DigiThane nominated for National Smart City Mission’s Pilot of Fintech
Recommendation by the Smart City Mission of India as India’s entry to the Smart City World Congress Award held in Barcelona, 2019
30 min Loksabha TV exclusive National Documentary on the Initiative
Best Award City Application Award by Business World’s 7th Smart City Award,2019
Data Based Citizen Centric Governance Skoch Award in Golden Category , 2019